Comments


To leave a comment, scroll to the end of the post,click on the word " no comments" and it will open the comment option for you. Type in your note and choose your Profile. If you don't understand the choices under Profile then choose Anonymous but PLEASE type your name and location at the bottom of your comment so we know who you are!

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Cropredy to Banbury



Hi we set off quite early this morning to another sunny but cold morning, it's a lovely time of the year, with all the signs of spring, little clumps of primrose and Daffoidls on the banks of the canal.
As we set off  our first lock to operate is straight away with is handy provision store not that far away at the bridge. We are then out in open countryside with only a few houses visable from the canal, only another three locks to day before we arrive at our overnight mooring spot in Banbury.
As we approach the outskirts of Banbury countryside give way to an urban enviroment with factory's, offices and housing. Normanly mooring in Banbury is at a premium as its location is right in the heart of the town but today we could pick our spot, which we did, we suppose that it will be a lot busier I'm the next few weeks and months.
So we moor up,Denise gives the boat a quick vacum, and we then go shopping as to buy myself a new pair of boots, as you all know what I thought was a pair of boots turned out to be two left ones, as luck has it there was a Mountain Warehouse shop in the arcade. I spoke to the girl and explained that I had purchased two left boots in Cardiff, she spoke to her head office and they gave me a new pair to replace the two left boots.
So I was happy as I didn't have to spend money,which was a bit of luck, not so lucky with my tooth after speaking to a dentist she advised that I wait till we see our own dentist, which we will do, so no smiling for photos for me, Denise says that. I don't often smile anyway so no change there.
We are not doing any sight seeing today as we have been here last year but it's best known for its nursery rhyme and spice buns.
Ride a cock-horse to Banbury Cross,
To see a fine lady upon a white horse;
Rings on her fingers and bells on her toes,
And she shall have music wherever she goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment