Comments


To leave a comment, scroll to the end of the post,click on the word " no comments" and it will open the comment option for you. Type in your note and choose your Profile. If you don't understand the choices under Profile then choose Anonymous but PLEASE type your name and location at the bottom of your comment so we know who you are!

Thursday 26 September 2013

On the line

Today awoke early and got in the car and drove over to Nottingham, the idea is that because we are now taking the boat back to the builder "Findlay Boats " who has agreed to change the waste tank, which we are extremely grateful for, then we can leave the car in the yard while we make our way to them on the boat.

The journey was a good one and when I reached  Meadow Lane I was greeted by a familiar friendly face, Findlay, who it was great to see, we had a quick chat, but I couldn't stay long as I had a train to catch, actually three of them, one from Nottingham to Derby,the next Derby to Crewe which I had a bit of a wait for, and then Crewe to Nantwich. I haven't been on a train for ages, but I do like a train journey .
Nantwich close links to Wales.

When I reached Natwitch Station I had a little walk back to the boat where Denise was waiting, we had some lunch then Denise and I walked back to Nantwich and had gander around the town, the last time we were here we stayed in the Crown Hotel about thirty years ago at one of old friends wedding.

Nantwich is a pretty old market town, with a 12th century church of St Mary's, and a fair share of half timbered houses and a good shopping area with a few watering holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment